The Section 21 Film and Television Health and Safety Advisory Committee of the Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development has just updated its COVID-19 industry guidelines for TV and film production in Ontario.
A new vaccination section has been added to the policies and protocols producers should have in place, along with elements producers should consider when building the policy, including:
- Review applicable Regulations under the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act and applicable public health guidance, such as guidance from Toronto Public Health.
- Consider any obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code and applicable privacy legislation.
- Consider educational resources regarding vaccination available from the applicable public health unit, for example, from Toronto Public Health.
Links to the following references and government resources have also been added:
- Toronto Public Health’s guidance to employers regarding vaccination policies and sample mandatory vaccination policy.
- Ontario Human Rights Commission Policy Statement on COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates and Proof of Vaccine Certificates.
- Information regarding Health Canada approved vaccines.
If you have any questions about these guidelines or believe that a production you're involved in is not following them, please contact the WGC Industrial Relations Department at 416-979-7907 x5270 immediately.